Saturday, April 5, 2008

The Coffee Bitch and Crack Whore ( Spring 2007)

I always enjoy meeting, spending time and getting to know my sisters and this weekend in Akron was no exception. In fact, it was a very nice treat for me to spend some extra time with a special girl Emma. Emma contacted me after we met briefly at the GNOA in February of 2007 and we chatted back and forth for a month. During that time we got to know each other and felt pretty comfortable and realized we liked many similar things. So when Emma realized she was going to have the whole weekend free, and my scheduled permitted me to come up from Columbus where I was working on Friday evening and spend the weekend in Akron, we decide to get a room a Red Roof a night earlier and spend some time having some girl fun.
Emma and I both love doing girl things like makeup, shopping, pampering and primping (not pimping). We find them both relaxing and enjoyable and opportunities to do some girl things with other girls that neither of us got to do when we were in high school when were still over compensating in sports and struggling with denial. We never got to do those things that other girls did together. So why not doing them over a weekend and tie it all in with the GNO as well. I arrived Friday evening and Emma was already there. She claims I looked vastly different in boy mode and was stunned when I came in room. I don't share her sentiments because I believe my eyes give me away- not that I really care. Both of us got dressed and we decided to offer each other our advice on makeup. I showed Emma the use of my primer wheel which works to conceal red areas, circles , and yellow tones as well as a tip on mascara ( always brush both up as well as down on lashes ) I also showed her my use of the L’Oreal two in one shocking mascara( definitely worth the cost). She showed me a tip on eyebrows as well as eyeliner by use of her cover girl perfect eyeliner pencil ( this is the stuff we all have could used in high school instead of how to destroy your opponents on the field ) .Then Emma let me do something I have always wanted to try - the styling of her hair. Emma is one of those fortunate girls that gets to use her real hair and gets to enjoy styling it while it is on her head. She showed me hoe to use her hot curlers and styling hot air brush and picture and I had a fun styling her hair. I don't think it came out too bad for my first time and I enjoyed doing it for her. Afterward we did a photo shoot and then crashed after eating our Chinese food we had ordered with a bottle of wine.
The next morning I discover something else about Emma -although this definitely not her best attribute. She likes to get up early (I mean real early girls for a Sat morning) and the next thing I know I am woken up by her movements in the room at 6AM! However, to her credit she had brewing the coffee I brought in the coffee maker she brought. I adore coffee in the morning and maybe all day long although the morning is very essential. She poured me some in my pink coffee cup (now there's a surprise!) and she continued to do so for two hours while we chatted about some many things in our lives. I essentially never had to leave the comfort of my bed while she continued to brew coffee and serve me cups in a manner which would have made any waitress at Denny’s or IHOP proud! So I began to kidding and affectionately calling her my coffee bitch ... (oh coffee bitch my cup is running low).
After cleaning up and getting some breakfast we took turn doing each other's nails - hers in musty brown and mine in of course -pink) WE decided to go up to Salon 176 and get some facials done which were exceedingly nice pampering ( I know I could have fallen asleep as the warmth of the towels covered my face and the water trickled down beside me - so incredibly relaxing). We scurried back down the road and began getting ready for the dinner Chloe had so nicely arranged at Quaker Square) and then of to the GNO at Lydia’s. Emma offered to do my eye colors and I gladly accepted her offer. just that time Beth came around and rehashed the story of my commenting on my how poorly I had done my eyes in December at the Christmas Party ( see previous blog) and that I had thought I looked like a crack whore on a Sat night. After that Emma began affectionately and kidding calling me crack whore the rest for the time. We hurried off to dinner and then Lydia’s for a wonderful evening of fun with our sisters and before you know it and a trip to Denny's it was Sunday morning (an hour shorter thanks to Daylight Savings Time) . But my awakening resulted in two things happening. First , I truly did look like a crack whore because in my rush to hit the pillow I had only partially removed my makeup but before long I heard the gurgle of the coffee maker brewing hot coffee and soon my coffee bitch was pouring me cup as I lay prone in my bed. We chatted some more and got cleaned up and packed and soon our weekend of girl fun ended with the crack whore and the coffee bitch exchanging hugs and extending well wishes and hopefully knowing a bit more about each other while enjoying a great weekend of girl fun. Emma is a wonderful girl and I see myself as truly enriched by the wonderful girl time we had together! Now if only I could find a way to bottle up the part of her that has my coffee brewing and in my cup next to my nightstand before I leave the confines of my bed I would be even more enriched!

No comments: