Saturday, April 5, 2008

Where's My Cosage? (Summer 2007)

I will admit it and most of you will admit it too if you really think about.... ..I so wanted to go to the prom or wedding party or some formal social event as Melissa when I was much younger. The long beautiful gowns and sparkling high heels, the beautiful and colorful flowers, the pictures and the nice formal dinner and dancing were things I thought it was so dreamy! I went to the prom in high school and I have gone to formal weddings and special events like an inauguration but atlas, in each occasion, it was in the drab boy mode where I was usually wearing a tuxedo and not the long flowing pretty gown I so desired to wear as Melissa which I would have worn after I spent the day in the spa getting my manicure, pedicure, facial and makeover that would have made me sparkle in the outfit and heels with my corsage attached to my wrist or breast area! I remember going to these events in my drab boy clothes and just starring at the girls who had been so fortunate to be born as lady who had spent the day doing this very thing and looking so beautiful and elegant and feminine in their gowns and dresses.
That is why I going to the events like Be-All, Gala or SCC. I of course love doing just about anything as Melissa whether it be dancing, shopping, picnicking, bowling ,dinners, movies, theatre or other fun things and I also love to spend time with my friends and sisters without question whether it is a coffee house or special party. Events like the Be-all or Gala or SCC allow me also to see some girls I only get to see a couple times a year. I enjoy doing the regular activities and picking up some helpful information at workshops or from just chit chatting with my sisters as well. However, the main reason I love going to these special events like the Gala or Be-All is not for the things I set forth above because I can get those things from day to day or weekly activies and interaction with my sisters - it is because for two or three times a year I get to be that girl I always dreamed about when I went to the prom or wedding or special formal event with Melissa so neatly tucked away under my tuxedo. I get to be Melissa in her most feminine beauty....with my long gown and matching heels and my makeover and matching jewelry and accessories and spend the evening dinning and dancing. It almost makes up for the loss of those opportunities most if not all of us missed out on when we were young!
The Be-All's final night program was dreamy to say the least! I got my makeover that day and touched up my nails. I put on his soft ,satiny, beautiful royal purple gown and matching purple sparkle heels and my formal patent clutch purse and I gazed into the full length mirror and I saw her - Melissa as she would have been at her prom , wedding party or formal event that she missed out on early in life. We left the hotel and were taken by stretch limos to the banquet where a red carpet awaited our arrival and flashing pictures and video like we had arrived for the Academy Awards Celebration. The reception was wonderful with cocktails and snacks and light piano music playing. The dinner was spectacular and the twenty minute firework production over the lake during dinner was fabulous and I spent the night dancing soaking it all in.
Now I am not in favor of doing this everyday or even every week or month. If that happened then these would not longer be special events. They are also not realistic because most real women don't go to more than one or two of these type of events a year anyway. Casual wear and dance club wear or picnic mode is fine most any day or night. But - a couple times a year it is so nice to bring out that beautiful gown and get all dolled up so pretty and feminine for a night of fun at a special event and, for just an evening, relive the events early in life like the prom or wedding as you really wish you could have experienced them - as the girls we were although society and others would not let us experience these events in such a manner as we so desired.
Now sometime if I can ever get one of the corsages for these events I know I finally will have lived out the dreams of my youth on those spring days and evenings in high school when prom season arrived or the long days of summer filled with weddings and gala events!

No comments: