Friday, April 4, 2008

Six Days and Six Nights

Six days and six nights …….That is how long I will spend some time with my sisters and girlfriends Debbie Dunkle and Chloe Prince staying at Debbie’s house in Hampton Roads area of Virginia. I came to visit for two reasons. First, Debbie and her lovely wife Sandy (read blog from last May) have invited me down several times since we first met and are very nice people and secondly, I thought now was a good time to it on my schedule and it fit in well with the fact Debbie is about to undergo SRS on March 7th and I wanted to come and help support her and wish her well before she flies to Colorado next week. Debbie also invited Chloe to come down and spend a few days because she sensed some stress and issues going on with her and Chloe has her surgery is not far behind this spring. I am of course no where near that huge step and I am and suspect I will be for some time unsure about that course in my journey. I have been asked by many people including my gender therapist that specific question and I always answer I simply to not know and I clearly don’t. I am not worried as I know I will find the answer to the question someday in my journey. Although I figured spending some time with sisters who were about to undertake that step could not hurt in adding some information to ultimately resolving the issue for me

Of course being the third girl in this scenario and one who is much further behind the others in transitional terms left me wondering a bit whether I would fit in this scene especially for six days and nights. I mean both these girl has well endowed bodies brought on by effects of Klinefelters, years of hormones and breast augmentation. I on the other hand just started hormones five weeks ago although I will admit it seems the little darlings are getting a bit more sensitive and tender than they were five weeks ago that is for dang sure. Both Chloe and Debbie also have full use of the real hair as well while I sense that is something this girl will not likely regain. Debbie and Chloe can go during day without much makeup and that is another thing I cannot do although the periods of electrolysis has definitely lessened the amount and type of makeup needed for sure! Both girls have some of their “quirks” as well although I will admit I do too and let’s face it- we all do.

We have spent nearly two full afternoons shopping at various malls which seem to endlessly appear and open in this vast area of Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Newport News and other parts of the Hampton roads area. Let me say this Chloe is a great shopper. She knows styles well and how to find great bargains. The girl flew down here with a couple small bags and basically shopped her way to a new wardrobe that would last through the trip and beyond. I am not sure she is going to get all of it back on board in the small bags and neither is she but we will works something out I am sure. I can always carry a few things back for her in my car and get them to her sometime next month. Debbie on the hand is panic shopper. She searches all over the mall for certain items and only hours later she ends up in last minute panic trying to find what she needs before we have to leave. I fall somewhere in between these two. I definitely added to the wardrobe for sure with nice items some of which I already worn. I have picked up some makeup tips from Chloe which will be helpful and although she can go out without much if anything as make is concerned during day I do think I found someone that takes more time getting ready than me when she is getting all dolled up for the evening. Debbie is the quickest when it comes to getting ready. We have enjoyed some sightseeing and Monday we plan to tour Colonial Williamsburg for the day. We have been out to eat in some nice little quaint restaurants and more of that is in store although Chloe’s palate is more limited than mine (actually I eat just about any kind of food so I am not a good comparison) I am pretty flexible and easy going so I am accommodating on our schedules and plans. We have some pampering at salon and those of you who read last week’s blog know I love that a lot! Trips to Virginia Beach and dinner theatre also are still to come and I have truly enjoyed meeting the girls in the area at the GNOs Debbie arranged in Virginia Beach and Richmond over the last few nights. If you want to know a good dance club with good food and drink and very reasonable prices in Virginia Beach I highly recommend Rainbow Cactus Club. I ate a steak dinner and consumed massive quantities of drinks including some I bought for others and ended up with a 30.00 bill. This experience has been good for me and I have enjoyed our evening chats around Debbie’s fireplace in her living room and I have learned more about Chloe and Debbie and I guess they learned some more about me as we have talked about many issues such as jobs, transitioning, spouses, surgery, transgendered rights, sexual preferences as well as others in our Tg community. I have opened up but more importantly I have endeavored to listen as Debbie and Chloe have talked. Chloe is a very intelligent person and Debbie, being older, has been through a great deal in her life. I don’t always agree with them on everything and we all have our differences (its actually what makes humans interesting) but at the end of the day we are all sisters and we believe in doing things to help others and try to support and advance our transgendered community and that is a good thing as I see it. All of us like to have some fun while we relax as well. Six days and six nights …..it has been and will continue to be an enriching experience for me.

No comments: